Friday, July 31, 2009

Rotary picnic '09

Honestly, I wasn't very excited about this. And I didn't even remember the last time I attended a Rotary picnic. Probably was in the prehistoric times or something. But I am NOT hesitating to say that this one was one of the best Rotary picnics that I have attended, EVER. (Okay, there weren't many in the first place, but, you get the point right?) Somewhere in Bhiwandi. Yes. I know how that sounds. And I reacted in the exact same way when I first heard of the venue. But here's what I learned. When you have a pool, rain dance equipments, some awesome music along with awesom-er people and food, WHERE you are, remains hardly of any importance. We were exhausted when we started off from Kachrali talao in two heavy buses early that morning. And Raph had rightly decided to get some sleep on the way so he'd be fresh, but that was obviously impossible with fifty people screaming in his ears. And then we reached. And then we ate. And then we danced. And then I got pushed into the water. Then I got THROWN into the water. Then I jumped into the water, and so on. We ate again. And danced again. Ate, and danced. And then got tired. We were so tired.. But for some reason, out of all the teenagers who had the potential to play that game, I was chosen. And I wasn't even allowed to debate. The game went nowhere, all participants were equally low. So, we just skipped the games part and went ahead with the coffee. And then we left. On our way back, we did sleep. Me, Jhels the Pels, Raph and Ams. All four of us. ONLY the four of us. Others still seemed charged. That made me wonder. Don't some people ever get tired? Or is it like the suck all your energy and refill their own tanks? I must not mention names for security reasons, but some people just can't seem to get a hold of their mouth. They HAVE to talk. All the time. Even if everyone they know is wanting to just find a bed and SLEEP. At the end of it, we were all black. And still are. No wait, Raph and Ams are pink. But I know everyone one of us will agree to the fact that it was all worth it. :)

2 comments:

  1. i agree.. actually m glad we convinced everyone to come for the picnic n had this big gang.. :D
    n yes.. i also did wish some people would stop talking.. anyway.. yes we all are still back in some parts and not in some.. and that my friend is not nice.. so in the end the picnic did rock.. lots of fun.. dance.. pictures.. n loads n loads of fun!!

    ReplyDelete